Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blogoverse update

Illustration by archanN

Here's a couple of interesting interviews and mixes I found floating around in the blogosphere (yes, I'm trying out some new nerd-nouns)



Cosmic Disco: MP3 blogs. Good or bad?

Mike Simonetti: I like them. I think it’s a good way to spread the word about new music and open people’s eyes to stuff. As I’ve said before, I’m not against giving music away free on blogs. I think it can only be a good thing.

Cosmic Disco interviews the Italians Do it Better labelhead Mike Simonetti (ie. the label responsible for the After Dark compilation, Glass Candy and Chromatics). Get the mix he's done in the bottom as well!



When I record a track, I always think: "Would I like to listen to it and dance?" This is the way I like music, I want it to make me feel good

Fred Falke reveals to Asian Dan that he has just finished a remix for Lykke Li and will be working on a solo album.



Just like they're supposed to, those Norwegian vikings stormed in and took over the show last night! Really proud to have these guys on. I wasn't planning on airing them on the same night, but it just ended up working out that way and sounds great. Please check them out!

Weblog Oh Baby, I Like it Raw led me to the Norwegian takeover at Beats In Space spearheaded by Strangefruit and Todd Terje.


Beats In Space 25.03.08 - Part 1 - DJ Strangefruit
1. Zero Db - Anything`s Possible (XRabit Remix)
2. Primal Scream - Screamadelica
3. Patrick Watson - The Storm-Allsgood Edit
4. Sunburst Band - Delicious
5. Marianne Faithful - Sex With Strangers (Sly`n`Robbie Dub Mix)
6. Mungolian Jetset/Mari Boine - Suiovean Mamadoo
7. Projections - Set It Up
8. Mugwump - Boutade (Miseridub)
9. Jose Gonzalez - Killing For Love (Todd Terje Mix)
10. Simon Baker - Plastik (Todd Terje`s Turkatech)
11. Birth Control - Gamma Ray(MJnFTs Half Life Edit)
12. The Tubes - Slipped My Disco
13. Gene Hunt - Inspire (Abicah Soul Rmx)
14. Nina Simnone - Black Is The Color (Abicah Soul Rmx)
15. Igor Savin - Folk Sinteza
16. Joanna Newsom - The Book Of Right On (Pocketknife`s Scrowling Own Remix)
17. Tron Scott`s Freaks In Space - Moon Jocks And Prog Rocks
18. Shock - Dream Games

Beats In Space 25.03.08 - Part 2 - Todd Terje
19. Jose Gonzalez - Killing For Love (Beatless mix)
20. Trans AM - First Words
21. Beck - Black Tambourine
22. Matt Bianco - Matt's Mood
23. Dr Buzzard - Didn't I Love You
24. David Byrne - Make Believe Mambo (Mark Kamins Acid Mambo mix)
25. Charanga 76 - No Nos Pararan
26. Shrinkwrap - Illegal Entry (Chicken Lips mix)
27. War - Keep On Doin
28. Simon Baker - Plastik (Todd Terje Türkatech remix)
29. The Automats - ...Pass Me By
30. Cloud One - Don't Let This Rainbow...
31. 40 Thieves - Don't Turn it Off
32. Crusaders - Spiral
Tim Sweeney for the last track:
33. Yura Yura Teikoku - The Communication - Mesh-Key




Where/how was this mix recorded?

Since I don't own CD players, this mix is 31.7% vinyl, 29.2% Serato and 34.2% Acid Pro 6.0. Hehe. The last 4.9%? Overdubs. Done in my "studio" in Oslo.

And while we're biggin' up Todd Terje, check out his recent podcast over at Resident Advisor, it has a mean tracklist:

01. M.I.A. - Paper Planes (DFA Mix)
02. Sly & Robbie - Triplets
03. Chaz Jankel & Laura Weymouth - Whisper
04. !!! - Must Be The Moon (Emperor Machine Mix)
05. Armand Van Helden - Je T'aime (Simian Mobile Disco Mix)
06. Broke - We Ain't Got It
07. Mathias Kaden - Rhythma
08. Class Action - Weekend
09. Cole Medina - Red Hot
10. Tron Scott's Freaks in Space - Prog Rocks And Moon Jocks
11. Mirror Boys - See The Music
12. The Temptations - Law Of The Land (Iskra Edit)
13. Konk - Percussion Jam
14. Mr. Raoul K - Le Cercle Peul
15. Sueno Latino - Luxuria (Cutmaster-G Techno Age Mix)
16. Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire (Cousin Cole Mix)

No comments: