Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Janelle Monáe




No Janelle Monáe isn't only here to satisfy your robosexual amputee fetishes, her music sounds damn good to. Just listen to that angelic voice, why she doesn't do more of that stuff is beyond my comprehension. Unfortunately the song is that short. But that doesn't mean the rest of her stuff isn't any good, quite the contrary. Metropolis Suite 1 - The Chase, which is the first part of an album divided into 4 EPs, contains two more goodies entitled Violet Stars Happy Hunting (which was a US single last summer) and Many Moons which is my favorite. I believe they both are produced by Andre 3000 of OutKast.

I can't shake that opera vibe though, I actually forced myself to walk home today playing that song on repeat for over an hour. It just makes me look at things differently, I don't know why...

And remember: VOLUME UP!

No comments: